Saturday, July 5, 2014

The PROJECT House!

Hey there everyone!!! I hope you all had a great 4th of July. Lots of fireworks and cookouts….. as for me, well I was moving. 
My husband and I decided; Why not move in on the 4th of July. Do be honest; we had “been” moving since the 1st so the 4th was really just the furniture. However, that evening…. I went to bed by 6pm and Ben and Tristan went to do Fourth of July with some family.
 A bonus to moving back to our home town is having family around every corning.

How we got this house is a pretty awesome story, at least it is for us. My husband Ben had been laid off from work and since he was 19, whenever he was out of work his old youth pastor and boss would call him up and offer him a job. The pay was never quite enough to support a family so Ben always declined. This time, however his offer came with better pay, a very hopeful serious promotion, and… believe it or not- a house.

Now Ben is from Sanger, my son was born in Sanger, and our church is in Sanger. We were living 25 minutes away in North Fresno. We moved there because at the time, my husband was working in Madera which was 25 minutes north of Fresno and I was working in north Fresno. So it made sense. 4 years later, we have been trying very hard to move back to Sanger.

It may seem to some of you that perhaps moving back shouldn't be that hard to do. It really was for us. The homes were too expensive or they didn't allow pets and if they did they certainly didn't allow pit bulls…. And we don’t go anywhere without Kenya.

So long story short, this house is in Sanger. And he didn't care what kind of dogs or how many we had. WOW!!!! I said yes before every even seeing this house. I made up my mind that this was a gift from God and no matter what it was; I was going to make that building our home.

After seeing the house for the first time, I knew I had one heck of a project on my hands, and man was I excited. I was planning all the things we could do and when we would do them… spreading out our projects. Then one day something funny happened.  I found out I was pregnant! WHAT??? My only son will be 9 in September… what the heck? Another Blessing!

So as you can imagine my project list- though vast- is now more of a priority! So as I work through these projects, I will post about them, before and after pictures, DIY tips and so on… and hopefully before these 9 months are up, I will be able to offer you a house tour. Below is my list. I know- it’s a lot, but hey there is a little one on the way and I want to be ready!

Thanks for following!


The Project House




The PROJECT List!
Living Room:
  1. Paint- PLEASE!!!!  
  2. Refinish the two Craigslist Side Tables
  3. Rehab two BIG OLD LAMPS
  4. Some sort of Coffee Table
  5. DIY NO SEW Curtains 
  6. DIY Dresser into Entertainment Console
  7.  Book Shelf Styling  
  8. 3 Coordinating Dog Beds- SEWING " YIKES" 
  9. A Couple giant floor pillows
  10. Gallery wall or two
  11.  Do something to create a welcoming entry way.



Laundry Room/ Pantry:
  1.  Paint!!! YEA
  2. DIY Batten board Wall
  3.  Laundry Cabinet Redo
  4. Appliance Cabinet Redo 
  5. Stinky Pantry DO OVER!


Kitchen:
  1.   DIY Refinish and Seal Concrete Counter Top
  2.  Clean out and refresh ALL Kitchen Cabinets & Drawers: total of 28 cabinets and drawers
  3. DIY Build a Breakfast Bar off the peninsula  
  4. DIY Curtains or Shades????


Dining Room:
1.       FIX Dining Room Closet
2.       PAINT
3.       DIY Rehab Old China Cabinet and Hutch
4.       Figure out what to do with the built in shelves
5.       DIY Old Kitchen Cabinet up do
6.       Styling an old Fireplace
7.       DIY Curtains
8.       DIY Dining Room Table Build
9.       Office Cabinet Refresh



Tristan’s Room:
1.       Fix paint job by adding moldings and doing a little editing.
2.       DIY Curtains or shades
3.       DIY Platform Twin Bed
4.       DIY Gaming Lamp
5.       IKEA HACK Desk
Nursery:
1.       Paint- PLEASE
2.       DIY Window and Closet Curtains
3.       IKEA Hack Rocking Chair
4.       Update Garage Sale Crib
5.       DIY Crib Bedding with Mom
6.       Reno old Dresser for Changing Table
7.       DIY Décor

Master Bedroom:
1.       PAINT
2.       Closet Curtains or doors
3.       DIY Curtains
4.       Redo my DIY Head board
5.       DIY NO SEW Bed Skirt
6.       DIY Up do Craigslist Side Tables
7.       Refinish Grandparents dressers
8.       DIY up cycle Thrift Store Lamps and Mirror
9.       DIY 3 Coordinating Dog Beds for the bedroom

AND THEN THERE IS THE GARAGE: AKA Jens Workshop!
1.       Something nice with the floors
2.       DIY Build Work Bench
3.       DIY Build Wood Storage
4.       DIY Build Tool Storage

And… The back Yard
1.       Fix Fences
2.       Take down tree in the ally
3.       Excavate the yard for new grass
4.       Pull flower beds for fruit or berry producing plants
5.       Clean out and build in my Raised Garden Beds in the Side Yard.
6.       Expand Patio
7.       DIY Build Outdoor Dining Table
8.       DIY Build Out Door Buffet Cabinet
9.       DIY outdoor Dining Area
Hall Bathroom:
1.       New DIY shower curtain
2.       PAINT
3.       DIY Storage Solutions

Master Bathroom:
  1. Storage Solutions 
  2. Décor and stuff




WHOA! That’s a lot! But I am looking forward to getting it all put together! Thanks for following me on this cool journey.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a note!