Saturday, August 23, 2014

Project House: Living Room Plans

As you know, one of things I love and hate so much about this house are the entire list of projects that it needs to feel more like us. Things we have decided not to change are the stained concrete floors.
 That’s mostly it. We will do a deep cleaning and re-sealing on them when the weather is a bit better. But that’s it until we buy the house.

So, first project! The Living Room. 


We already have two of the pieces we need to work on. The two side tables.

In addition we need to paint. Ben and I have not officially decided on a color but we are leaning towards a light grey blue for the three regular walls.  

On the dark brown panel wall we want to do a pop of color, some accent color- which we are not 100% on yet.
 What we are sure about that wall is closing up the weird shelving thing. This will give us more room in the entry hall closet and allow us to build floor to ceiling book shelves along most of this wall. 

These are some of my inspiration builds. 
Pregnant with Power Tools
 Thrifty Decor Chick
Thrifty Decor Chick
  Just a Girl - DIY Built In Bookcase
Just a Girl DIY Built In Book Case
 However, with the new financial set up in this house, I will have to be incredibly budget minded. Meaning, the most expensive thing in this room will be my new couches. These are not them.

On the TV wall, we will be redoing the photos in white frames and new pics. 
My 8 year old son is demanding more updated pictures of him. LOL ok!
I agree. In addition we were planning on building this massive media center to house our antique water jug lamps. They are huge. However, this plan is going to cost too much so I had to do a re-think. So here is what we are going to do!!!!
We will take the table that is currently acting as our media center and refinish it. It will go behind the love seat and will be the new home of the giant glass water jug lamps.

 For the media center we will find…. Somehow and some where a dresser that is big enough to take up some massive wall space but is cheap enough that I can take and do what I want to it. I did see a cute dresser at a shop here in town but funds are not in our favor right this second, so this is going to be a slow moving process.

As you can see this room is wrapped in windows.

Three floor to ceiling on one wall and a weird long short window on the other.  This is the hottest room in the house and those blinds; they do little to stop the sun and even less to stop prying eyes as at night when the lamps are on you can see straight into our living room from the street. I have a good feeling that diy grommet drapes will be a first project in this room for those two reasons.

We need to make two more lamps for the side tables….
Or take the ones that are there that I won on e-bay 12 years ago and re-wire them and paint them. That seems to make more sense.
I also plan on making a couple floor pillows, adding a cool re-finished or upholstered side chair, figuring out a rug and adding throw pillows.

All in all there is a lot to do but I am anxious to get started. I am hoping to at least get the windows dealt with before the end of August!

Wish me luck! Thanks for following



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a note!